Friday 4 March 2011

From Keryn Davis

Hi Estelle,


Tony and I were just talking about you in the weekend before the earthquake. I'd asked Tony about 10 times to please text Cousin to see if the two of you were keen go go out for dinner one night. He said he would, but it's too late now. 

I know I hardly knew you Estelle, but I could tell from the first time I met you that you were the girl for cousin. The perfect sort of girl that would make him very happy. A girl-next-door kind of girl that would support him and help him realise his potential and be a rock for him. All I can hope for now is that Cousin will live the sort of life without you that you would have wanted him to live. 

Normies said the other day that you will have a place in the history of Christchurch and New Zealand for the rest of time. She's right. Your name will be set in stone somewhere on some elaborate monument for everyone who visits it for the rest of time. There will be tears shed by complete strangers for you. People will see you face in the media and say how beautiful you were. Children will learn about you at school. Grandparents will tell their grandchildren about you. 

Goodbye Estelle. The world is a better place for you having been in it. 

All my love

Keryn Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment