Thursday 10 March 2011

From Nic Holborow

What can I say about Estelle? The first time I met her was in Benuu in Dunedin. We were all standing around the bar, she was with some friends and I was with Hayley and Carla and I remember thinking she looked hot! She had just come from work and was looking very corporate whereas we had rocked up from home in jeans and looking pretty average!
Some good times were had with those 3 girls in Rosebery Street.
Stellie introduced me to my favourite cocktail- a Mojito- and I have never looked back to to the boring wine list.
I remember her fierce protection of Carla's bull dog Roger who was the most god awful ugly thing you had ever seem. But he had won a place in Estelle's heart -slobber and all-and she wouldn't hear a bad word about him.
She had a very quietly dry sense of humour. She could always be relied upon for pulling out one liners that would just have you in stitches.
Estelle I haven't seen you for a few years now and I'm really sad that I won't get to have any more good times with you again.
You are a very special person and I know you have left a gaping hole in the hearts of many, especially your amazing family who I promise we will keep supporting and loving for you.
Know that you will always be remembered and loved. Travel safe on your journey sweet girl.
Nicxo

No comments:

Post a Comment